Connecticut Unemployment Compensation
Your rights and responsibilities under the Connecticut Unemployment Compensation Act
The Connecticut Unemployment Compensation Act provides financial benefits to workers who become partially or fully unemployed through no fault of their own. To be eligible for benefits, you must:
- Be unemployed
- Be able to work
- Be actively seeking work
- Have earned a minimum amount of wages in the base period
The amount of benefits you receive will be based on your earnings in the base period. You can file a claim for benefits online or by calling the Connecticut Department of Labor.
Your rights under the Connecticut Unemployment Compensation Act
You have the right to:
- File a claim for benefits
- Receive benefits in a timely manner
- Be treated fairly and impartially
- Challenge a determination of eligibility
Your responsibilities under the Connecticut Unemployment Compensation Act
You are responsible for:
- Filing a timely claim for benefits
- Reporting your work search activities
- Reporting any changes in your circumstances
- Returning benefits that you are not entitled to
If you have any questions about the Connecticut Unemployment Compensation Act, you should contact the Connecticut Department of Labor.
- Connecticut Department of Labor
- Employment Security Division
- 200 Folly Brook Blvd.
- Wethersfield, CT 06109
- Phone: (860) 263-6790
- Website: https://www.ctdol.state.ct.us/wgwkstnd/
This notice is required by Connecticut law.
I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any other questions.